Sunday, November 28, 2010

Sometimes I wonder....


Sometimes I wonder what would happen if I shed these shackles of mine...Like a flower finally giving way to bloom, what would happen if I had the liberty to forge my own path through these forests that plague my mind? However, past these layers of ego and materialistic values that build upon my flesh, the layers that this world coats and conditions, lays a naked skeleton, and not a human at all. For where is the flesh and the bones, the muscles? I see them not, under these layers of slime, these layers that I hold so dear to my heart. In this life that I live, in which I dream of climbing this silly ladder that society has set in front of me, I feel as though I abandoned my freedom, my happiness, long ago. I cannot identify my dreams anymore. My heart is void of hope. These tears mean nothing, only to imprison me deeper and deeper into the abyss of my own abscessed heart and my tortured unhappiness. Thus is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment