Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I promised myself...



     I promised myself a long LONG time ago to write everyday to help me sift through and remember my thoughts better, but excuses ran amuck. So today I turn the leaf of my mind over and start inscribing everything because I am sure that one day I will appreciate this (if not for the short-term equilibrium of my sanity (that hopefully won't be so short-term after all)). Here goes...
Queen Maji
     My finger is so swollen that it is beginning to resemble a small balloon. I hope my sweet, fat Maji is happy, for she drew much blood! Not that that was her goal, I hope. And all at the cost of rescuing my sister's already-crappy headphones from the depths of Maji's jaw. But alas, how can one be upset with a face that cute? That is constantly my problem. Maji gets away with murder (well, at least that's the case with my poor finger, R.I.P.) and bugs walk all over me (for God's sake, I am hoping that is not literally true...). I just have a weak spot for all bugs and animals! Today, for example, my mom and I were folding blankets to get them ready to take to her storage unit, and I found a spider on the sheets (they had been left out on the ground of the living room to dry, I guess, so who knows what else is lurking on them). Well, I tried to slyly make my way to the door so I could put him outside, but, of course, my mom noticed when I was wandering away from her with the sheets in my hand. My mom likes to yell, especially when one attempts to chisel away at the cement that holds her rigid, daily goals, so..she yelled. Boy, did she yell. I told her I was going to put Mr. Spidey outside, but she quickly brushed him off of the sheets and yelled at me some more. Joy. Not only was I pissed for being discovered but I was sad because Mr. Spidey's fate didn't look too promising to me right then... That was the last time I ever saw him. Dang, I just reread this paragraph.. I am one bizarre species....
     Anyway, today was such a beautifully overcast day...Overcast days always give me an insatiable urge to walk in the rain, but once the rain comes, my heart dreads actually taking a walk. I can only take a walk when it first starts raining, because once it's been going for a while...the poor wormies come out. And shoes are not kind to them. I shudder each and every time I see a squished worm on the sidewalk because they thought it was moist and safe enough to come out. If I see a living worm on the sidewalk, I cannot walk by it without putting it into the nearest dirt pile and covering it. I CANNOT do it. It makes me sick to my stomach if I walk by, knowing that that worm could be dead in the next few moments because I left him. I am so bizarre, but it's true. I just cannot enjoy walks in the rain anymore, it torments me so much....Sometimes I wish I were different, but then I think about all of the worms that I have saved these past years....
     I am tired and all of these thoughts about the death of cute spiders and worms and my poor balloon of a finger make me sad, so off to bed I go. Sweet dreams, my friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment